Monday, August 4, 2008

Birthday

What a glorious day it is in Allen, Texas. The temperature is expected to reach 107, the sun is bright, and the locust are singing! Singing may not be the technical term for their distinct sound, but I always view it as a song! I was born and raised in Texas, and the sound of locust signifies summer, camping, waves of heat, God's bountiful trees, and the feeling of peace! 'Locust' also reminds me of God's words in Joel 2:25, 26 and 27....

"I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten......You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed. Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the Lord your God, and that there is no other..."

God has done some amazing things in the years since I first recognized Him as my living God; and I sit here this day and praise His name, with a joyful spirit for allowing me to see the wonders He has worked for me!!

Blessings to you this day, whatever your temperature, circumstance and relationship with our Father!!!

D

No comments: